Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Power of Positive Thinking

A blog a day for a month? As you know, I joined NaBloPoMo, which means that I made a commitment to do a blog a day for a month. I approached this not as a chore, but as an experiment. As it goes, my experiment has been a smashing success even though I was not able to maintain the one-blog-a-day commitment for the past four days due to lack of Internet access in the Great Smoky Mountains.

The reason for my success with this is that I truly have created a new habit that I have enjoyed very much and look forward to the creative process of writing a blog each day. It is no great chore simply because of the way it was approached, and I'm going to transfer this approach to some other "duties" that I have historically labeled as "chores" in the past and therefore am miserable to complete them. Things like certain cleaning "chores," bookkeeping "chores," weeding "chores" in the gardens, and so forth.

And so, I am going to continue with my commitment even though I know that a trip out of the country in a few weeks will prevent my goal of one-blog-a-day for 30 consecutive days. But oh, the fun I will have in the meantime.

Please read the latest post to Zen Habits, which is so timely today in that it illustrates so well the lesson of positive thinking, and look for me here tomorrow!

Bon Appétit!
Chef Debbie

No comments: