Friday, August 1, 2008

Chef Debbie Stuffs Lobster Tails

I just love the job I do! Romantic dinner party for two this evening, and it was a surprise birthday present which made it even more fun for me! The "birthday boy" saw me when I pulled into the parking lot in my chef whites and immediately put 2 & 2 together and I had to chuckle at the spring in his step as he trotted up the stairs to let his girlfriend know that he'd figured out his surprise birthday gift.

As for me, I really enjoyed meeting Gregg & Brandy and helping to make Gregg's birthday dinner extra-special. Brandy had ordered his favorite dishes, so crab-stuffed lobster was tops on the list, and I really welcomed the opportunity to be creative with the prep and the plating.

I got the biggest kick (and always do) out of watching my clients enjoy their food, but this evening there was a bonus because I got to hear Gregg's side of all the "Happy Birthday" phone calls he received. Each of them went something like this: "Hey....yeah, thanks man....yeah....I'm just finishing up my dinner here. We had our personal chef come in this evening to make us dinner." (Very nonchalant!)

And the very best part of the evening was when I overheard him tell Brandy that he'd never had better food in any restaurant, and he would be talking about this birthday gift for a very long time to come.

You know, it's truly a wonderful thing when one has a passion for something that brings joy to others!

Bon Appétit!
Chef Debbie

No comments: