Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Religion, Politics, and Appetite

I don't know about you, but I've attended many different churches during my life and the messages that were delivered by the pastors were always positive: help your neighbor, live unselfishly, love and respect others, remember the lessons in the gospel, etc., etc., etc. I am sure that if I wanted to receive a message of hate I could have found a church that preached that if I were to search long enough. I don't think most churches embrace that kind of rhetoric.

It makes many people nervous that Barack Obama's father was a Muslim because we have radical Muslims preaching and teaching hate toward our wonderful country and the fear is that Barack may harbor some of these feelings. That is speculation.

It makes me more nervous that Barack Obama has stayed in a church for 20 years that preaches and teaches hate toward our country and remains loyal to its leader. That is fact. His silver tongue attempts to convince us that he has excellent judgment in all things, but if he is raising his own children with this type of religious training, what can we expect that he will promote to America's children if he were to become president?

It is enough to make me lose my appetite.

No comments: