Thursday, March 20, 2008

Macadamias & White Chocolate


This has to be a marriage made in heaven! I'm pretty good at staying away from these buttery, crunchy, creamy, crumbly cookies because I know they will beg me to eat the whole batch, but last evening I baked some to have over the holiday weekend and I am lost!.


Now, you KNOW that you simply MUST taste what you bake (just so you know it's ok to offer to neighbors and friends) so I gave myself permission to have just ONE. Oh my goodness....I'm not sure there is any cookie as good as a macadamia nut & white chocolate chunk cookie fresh and warm from the oven!


Of course, it was necessary for me to try just ONE this morning to make sure that it is ok to serve them at room temperature. I might have to try just ONE more in a couple of hours just to make sure they haven't gotten stale. (OK, I confess that I dunked both of those cookies in the photo into that rich coffee and maybe THAT is the only way to improve upon these cookies straight from the oven!)
Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter, salted, at room temperature
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 tsp. real vanilla extract
3 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 (12-oz.) pkg. white chocolate chips
1 1/2 c. (6 oz.) chopped toasted macadamia nuts

Preheat oven to 350˚. Cream butter and sugars till fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Blend in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia pieces. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool on racks and store in air tight container or zippy bags. Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I'm not big on white chocolate, but when I first tasted a macadamia white chocolate cookie....WOW. Fabulous! Thanks for the recipe :)